Join resident Garden Tower 2™ Vertical Gardening System expert and master gardener Kristi Armes as she demonstrates how to thin tomato seeds. This video was originally broadcast on Facebook Live on March 24, 2018.
Kristi’s Top 6 Tips for Thinning Tomato Seeds:
- Transplant tomatoes when they get true leaves
- Thin or trim seedlings with small scissors or take them out of the tray, separate, and repot
- Gently break apart trying not to damage or tear the roots
- Place the seedling into pot and pull dirt up around the stem
- Water seedlings well after transplanting
- Toms might have to be transplanted two or or more times until they are big enough to place in the garden
Want to see more?
Tune into our Facebook Live videos with Kristi every weekend.
Be sure to like us on Facebook to get the notifications!