Join resident Garden Tower 2™ Vertical Gardening System expert and master gardener Kristi Armes as she demonstrates how to start tomato seeds. This video was originally broadcast on Facebook Live on March 18, 2018.
Kristi’s Top 6 Tips for Starting Tomato Seeds:
- Start your seeds 4-6 weeks before your last frost date.
- Make sure you are starting with light, fluffy seed starting soil mix. Garden Tower now sells our very own mix! Check it out here >>
- Make sure your soil temp is as close to 75 – 85 degrees Fahrenheit as possible. You may need a soil heating mat in colder climates. We sell one that is currently on sale here >>
- Be sure to clean and sanitize all of your materials, your hands and your tools. Tomato plants are very susceptible to viruses.
- Put dates on your seed markers so you know when your seeds went in the soil.
- Keep soil moist. To buy the sprayer that Kristi uses in the video, go here >>
Want to see more?
Tune into our Facebook Live videos with Kristi every weekend.
Be sure to like us on Facebook to get the notifications!