Watch the video below for important tips on getting started with tomato seeds.
Garden Tower is bringing you weekly Facebook Live videos on how to start and maintain your garden this year. In case you missed it, watch the video below where Kristi gives us important tips on starting tomato seeds.
Kristi’s Top 6 Tips for Starting Tomato Seeds:
- Start your seeds 4-6 weeks before your last frost date.
- Make sure you are starting with light, fluffy seed starting soil mix. Garden Tower now sells our very own mix! Check it out here >>
- Make sure your soil temp is as close to 75 – 85 degrees Fahrenheit as possible. You may need a soil heating mat in colder climates. We sell one that is currently on sale here >>
- Be sure to clean and sanitize all of your materials, your hands and your tools. Tomato plants are very susceptible to viruses.
- Put dates on your seed markers so you know when your seeds went in the soil.
- Keep soil moist. To buy the sprayer that Kristi uses in the video, go here >>
Want to see more?
Tune into our Facebook Live videos with Kristi every weekend.
Be sure to like us on Facebook to get the notifications!